Expert Patient Program
We now have our own licence to run the Self Management / Expert Patient programme.
Our next course will start on October 10th for 6 weeks at Bank Street Methodist Church Brierley Hill from 10.30am to 1pm
Dates are Oct 10th, October 17th, October 24th, November 7th, November 14th and November 21st
Roger Edwards and Chris Fradgley run our Expert Patient Programmes.
SMPs (Expert Patient Programme) aim to improve your quality of life by giving you confidence, skills and information to help manage your long-term condition or caring role better on a daily basis. By taking part in a programme you will:
- Learn new skills to manage your health condition
- Develop confidence in the daily management of your specific condition
- Meet others and share similar experiences
- Learn how to develop more effective relationships with healthcare professionals
The programmes are FREE and run for 2.5 hours, once a week for six weeks.
- Getting a good nights sleep
- Coping with difficult emotions/depression
- Relaxation techniques and exercise
- Healthy eating
- Communicating with friends and family and health professionals
- Dealing with pain and extreme tiredness
Contact us on 01384 271982 for details of the next course