A local independent charity - established in 1987 provides advice, support and information to people who have suffered a stroke and their families/friends through:
- the provision of information packs – free of charge,
- 24 helpline, people to visit - many of our volunteers are people who have themselves suffered a stroke or have experience of some-one who is affected by a stroke,
- support groups,
- listening to peoples worries and concerns, being a sympathetic ear.
Support for people after a stroke
All people admitted to hospital following a stroke are referred to us. We will contact you whilst you are in hospital, a week after discharge and then as often as you feel it is necessary.
All people are entitled to a review at 6 weeks, 6 months and 12 months after their stroke. We will contact you to carry out these
- We believe that “Life goes on after a stroke”, but finding the way forward and coming to terms with what has happened is never easy.
- We aim to ensure that people who have suffered a stroke and their families are represented within the local and health economy.